This week, PR Unlocked founder Claire Gamble ran a workshop on online PR, media and SEO at Edinburgh Google Digital Garage.
There was just time for a quick tour around the Scottish capital before delivering the PR training session to 40 business owners and marketers.
Edinburgh Google Digital Garage workshop with PR Unlocked
The two hour PR training workshop covered:
- The relationship between online PR, online media and SEO
- Theory around what SEO is and how it can help businesses
- Theory around what PR is and how it can help businesses
- How PR can enhance SEO, and how SEO can enhance PR
- A look at what the needs and wants of online journalists and media publishers
- What makes a news story and what gives content share appeal
- How we can encourage online media and journalist to link to our websites
- Real life examples and ideas of how to achieve online media coverage (including with links wherever possible)
- Tips on pitching to journalists and securing online media coverage
Free PR course
Twitter is a powerful tool when it comes to achieving online media coverage. In this free PR course you can find out about different tactics to help you build relationships with journalists, pitch powerful ideas and secure features and quotes in national online publications.
PR training to help businesses and marketers improve online results
SEO and PR are often seen as separate marketing disciplines. But, if businesses and marketers look at how they can work together, they can strengthen their results. Particularly if you have an understanding of how online media works.
This can help you achieve coverage in high domain authority, reputable online media outlets that your target audience reads and engages with. As well as delivering key messages, you can also strengthen your digital marketing performance and SEO too.
Unlock the power of PR
Unlock the power of PR for your business with the full PR course, PR Unlocked. Learn strategy, tactics and how to maximise your results.