PR Training: FAQ to help you choose the best PR training course
There are lots of online business courses out there, so how do you choose the best PR training course to help you promote your business, achieve media coverage and reach a wider audience?
Here is a run down of some frequently asked questions about PR Unlocked to help you decide if this PR training is the best option for you.
You might also be interested to read the article What is PR and how can PR help my business.
Have you got any other questions about the public relations course that aren't answered here? Contact us!
Who is the PR training course for?
The founder of PR Unlocked - Claire Gamble, MD Unhooked Communications - has developed the PR training with certain people in mind:
- Business owners and startups who are just about to launch or have recently launched their business.
- Small or medium-sized businesses who have been trading for some time but want to be more visible, grow their business and/or diversify into other areas.
- Freelancers and entrepreneurs who want to position themselves as experts in their field and attract more, high quality work and clients.
- Bloggers who want to build more credibility to help attract better brand opportunities and more readers. Read this introduction about how bloggers can get featured in the media.
- Freelance social media managers and virtual assistants who want to learn how to offer more services (such as media relations) to their clients. Find out more about social media freelancer training.
- In-house or agency digital marketers and SEO professionals who want to know how to secure earned media coverage on high authority domain websites.
The PR training is full of examples and information that is useful for consumer and B2B brands, as well as product-based and service-based businesses.
What will I learn during the online PR course?
The online PR training contains 10 indepth modules, each with several bite-size lessons. The modules cover:
- PR STRATEGY: Create your own PR strategy to make sure you're doing the right sort of PR activity to suit your business, customers, market and media. Complete with downloadable PR strategy workbook.
- NEWS: Find news stories for your business, write press releases and pitch these into the media to secure media coverage. Check out this introduction on how to write a press release.
- MEDIA: Secure media coverage using other tactics such as features, comments, interviews and product placements. Read an introduction on how to get your business featured in the media.
- INFLUENCER MARKETING: Develop an influencer marketing campaign, including validating influencers, creative collaborations and what the law says.
- AWARDS: Find and enter credible awards, and maximise opportunities if you're shortlisted or win.
- EVENTS: Use events to promote you, your business, and services/products (both your own events, as well as third party events).
- ONLINE: Use online PR and media to help boost your SEO and drive traffic to your website.
- BLOG: Blog for your business website to drive new, relevant visitors to your website. Find out why your business needs a website.
- MEASURE: Measure and evaluate the success of your PR and media results
- OPPORTUNITIES: Maximise your PR training results to unlock exciting business opportunities.
How does the online PR course work?
We only open the PR Unlocked course a few times a year to make sure students can get attention and guidance as they go through the modules.
Once you purchase and sign up to the course, you will log into your own personal dashboard where you can access all the PR course modules, as well as see the Meet the Expert videos, which feature exclusive interviews with journalists and editors.
When you're logged in to see your PR training course, you'll also find details of the private Facebook group. This is a closed group where you can ask questions, share tips and celebrate successes.
You'll also be able to sign up to regular group coaching calls, which are carried out over Zoom. You can sign up to as many as you like and also watch back any previous group calls.
Pssssst - have a sneaky peek at what the PR training looks like with this video...
How much does the PR Unlocked course cost?
Access to the full PR training course currently costs £299 + VAT for life-time access.
All major credit and debit cards are accepted and we use Stripe for payments, which is safe and secure.
Can I have a free trial of PR Unlocked?
We don't currently offer a free trial of PR Unlocked, but we offer free PR courses and resources. Check out our freebies page, which includes the free PR course: How to Use Twitter for PR and Media Coverage. This training course is in a similar format to the full PR course so will give you a good idea of the style, tone and content.
How much time do I need to dedicate to the PR course?
It's completely up to you how much time you dedicate to doing your own PR. To start with, it would be great if you can spend an hour or two a week. The more time and effort you put into promoting and marketing your business, the better the results you'll get.
But, we know you're super busy. This is why the PR training is all broken down into self-contained modules, which each contain short and snappy lessons so you can learn in bitesized chunks.
Remember, you have a whole year to access the PR training so you have lots of time to work your way through the modules at your own pace.
Do you offer face-to-face PR training?
The beauty of an online training course is you can learn wherever and whenever suits you.
Plus, you also get regular group coaching calls and the private Facebook group so you can ask any questions that come up.
But if you are interested in face-to-face PR training or workshops, visit the Unhooked Communications events page for business, PR and marketing events and workshops. Or you can contact founder Claire Gamble to enquire about bespoke media and PR training.
Join the waiting list!
The PR course is currently closed for enrollment, but we'll open again very soon. Join the waiting list to hear about the latest PR Unlocked news and hear when the course opens again.